Monday, August 27, 2012

I LOVE my "job"

I hear silent kids (nap time), my washing machine swishing, the dryer drying, the dishwasher going, dyi network or HGTV in the background and the sound of my broom sweeping up a collection of trash from the past few days - my brain just thinks about everything that pops into it. 

Today my brain seemed to be obsessed with being a homemaker. Here is exactly how I feel.
I LOVE having a clean home, LOVE IT. I feel clean when my home is clean, when its cluttered I feel anxious and dirty myself. Its just nice to have a clean home , period.

I've noticed that maintaining a home is NEVER ENDING. And have you ever noticed even if you are caught up on things to do around the house, so you take a break for a day, that the next day the home is bombed? Even days I dont think I need to do anything around the house so i leave or just hang out, the next day my home is clustered again. Its mind blowing to me how quickly thinks can go from cleaning to embarrassingly messy (like where if someone came over one would be embarrassed). 

Today while I'm cleaning up from this weekends festivities Im noticing all of the fingerprints on my walls (Or cheese fingers courtesy of cheetos ), I wipe them off and it hits me. " I swear just last week i was washing fingerprints off of this exact spot." The life of a homemaker is never ending. You can never predict how the day will actually turn out. I can never guess the mood my kids will wake up in or what kind of messes they can make with their imagination.  Im always making a " To-do list". I swear its a mile long, and i will never be able to catch up. Everyday things are added to my list but i just dont have enough time in the day to do it all.

While some days are hard for the most part being a homemaker is really rewarding. I love the feeling when i sit down after kicking ass cleaning the house. "Whew its clean... for now" is usually what i think.  

Above being able to clean my home I LOVEEEEEEEE being home with my girls all day. I love getting Jade ready for school and packing her lunch. I love Paisley from the "mommy help me out of my bed"-s  in the morning to the "me do it! " -s with everything we do.  It so much fun to see them grow into the little people they are.

Im so lucky to be able to do what I do. Im lucky for a husband who busts his ass so I can stay home.

LOL

How Chris wishes I would greet him when he gets home

LOL, truth! 
HAHA


For real

Totally feel this way sometimes (Less now that one child is in school a day)

For real!!! Wish i could make this on top of Chris' pay :)

Ive been asked this once or twice- my reply was not nice

One perk of the job :)


amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment